It's Flu Season: Get Ready to Be Vaccinated This Fall
Monday, September 23, 2019
CHI Saint Joseph Health
To keep our employees and patients safe, flu vaccines once again will be mandatory for all CHI Saint Joseph Health employees. Complimentary flu vaccines will be available to employees, medical staff, volunteers and contracted workers starting Oct. 3 through the Employee Health Office. Schedules will be communicated locally. The deadline for vaccination is Nov. 30.
Why to take a flu vaccine:
- Supports our Mission and Values
- Supports quality patient care
- Meets The Joint Commission expectation for compliance
- Demonstrates a commitment to employee health and safety
- Reduces absenteeism and enhances productivity
- The deadline for vaccination will be Nov. 30.
- All vaccine forms must be turned into Employee Health.
- Employees also must complete the Knowledge Hub Assignment regarding flu vaccines by Dec. 1.
- Compliance with the program is an expectation of employment; non-compliance with the policy may result in corrective action.
- Those with approved exemptions from last year or seeking exemption for the first time must consult with their Employee Health Office prior to Nov. 30.
- Employees with an approved exemption must agree to use a surgical mask within 6 feet of a patient (this includes areas other than patient rooms, such as hallways, and the cafeteria). Masks should also be worn when in a patient room or care area if distance is greater than 6 feet but the exposure is for a prolonged period of time.